Download Guidelines PDF:
Magnum Backer Board and Underlayment Installation Guidelines, Issue 2
Magnum Board Trim Installation Guidelines, Issue 3
Magnum Lap Siding Installation Guidelines, Issue 5
Magnum Veneer Wood Paneling Installation Guidelines, Issue 3
Magnum Soffit Installation Guidelines, Issue 2
Magnum Interior Wall and Ceiling board Installation Guidelines
Magnum Exterior Sheathing Surface and butt Joint Preparation Guidelines
Storage and Handling
Magnum Board? Fastening Matrix
- Position cutting station so that wind will blow dust away from user or others in working area and allow for ample dust dissipation.
- Use one of the following methods based on the required cutting rate and jobsite conditions.
- Score and snap using carbide-tipped scoring knife or utility knife (Ability to use this method depends on thickness of MagO Board being installed.)
- Fiber-cement shears (electric or pneumatic).
- Dust reducing circular saw equipped with appropriate blade and HEPA vacuum extraction.
Good (for low to moderate cutting only)
- Dust reducing circular saw with appropriate saw blade.
Always use correct tools when executing cutting operations.
Even though MagO Board is a non-toxic building material, ALWAYS wear a dusk mask, safety glasses and follow MSDS Guidelines.
|During clean-up, dust and debris, NEVER dry sweep as it may excite dust particles into the user?s breathing area. Instead, wet debris down with a fine mist to suppress dust during sweeping, or use a HEPA vacuum to collect particles.
1.For maximum protection (lowest respirable dust production), Magnum? Building Products recommends always using ?Best? level cutting methods where feasible.
2.Never use a power saw indoors.
3.Never use a circular saw blade that is inappropriate for the specific operation being undertaken.
4.Never dry sweep - use wet suppression methods or HEPA vacuum.
5.Never use a grinder or continuous rim diamond blade for cutting.
- For maximum protection (lowest respirable dust production), MagO Building Products recommends always using *Best* level cutting methods where feasible.
- We do not recommend use of a power saw indoors.
- Never use a circular saw blade that is inappropriate for the specific operation being executed.
- Never dry sweep. Use wet suppression methods or HEPA vacuum.
- Never use a grinder or continuous rim diamond blade for cutting.
- Even though Magnum? Board is a non-toxic building material, ALWAYS wear a dusk mask, safety glasses and follow MSDS Guidelines when working with MagO? Board.
- ALWAYS follow local, state and national building codes where applicable.