“INSTALL IT FOR HEALTH, INSTALL IT FOR LIFE”
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS) ABOUT MagO BOARD® PRODUCTS
The New Generation Building Material”
How is MagO board good for the environment?
MagO Board® is one of the few NEGATIVE CO2 building materials in the world. Additionally it requires very little energy to make MagO board, it can be completely recycled and has no toxic materials in its composition.
How Is MagO Board® Considered a Negative C02 Product?
The MagO Board® product line is CO2 negative meaning the product and / or its process absorb CO2 and turn it into magnesium carbonate. The magnesium carbonate then remains in the board until the board is retired from service, in which case, the magnesium carbonate can then be recycled to make MgO and ultimately recycled into more MagO Board®.
What is MagO Board®?
MagO Board® is a mineral based product that meets the criteria established to be considered both Ecofriendly and a Green Building Product. See “applications” below for the various products offered by MagO® Building Products in the MagO® Product Line.
Why Use MagO Board®
MagO Board® is definitely a unique product. It has been engineered to eliminate the toughest
problems facing architects, engineers, contractors, builders and consumers today: Fire, Water, Insects, Mold, Mildew and Toxins.
MagO Board® products are
- virtually impervious to fire, water and insects;
- are non-flammable and non-combustible;
- do not feed mold or mildew;
- are unaffected by all insects such as termites and carpenter ants;
- are completely non-toxic.
Literally billions of dollars are spent every year as a result of damage caused by these problems and more is spent on the illnesses and deaths directly resulting from these problems.
Make MagO Board® Products YOUR choice when considering traditional building materials like wood, plastics, gypsum based and cement based products.
Is MagO Board® considered a Green Builder Product?
Yes it is. MagO Board® is a mineral product, completely free of toxins such as asbestos,
formaldehyde or silica. It is manufactured completely at ambient temperature, and is considered a green product.
Has MagO Board® Been Tested?
Yes indeed. MagO® Board has been subjected to some of the toughest testing being conducted on building materials today, including the freeze / thaw and 2,000 hour weathering test which is a 20 year accelerated weathering test. All of our products far exceeded ASTM requirements.
For our sanded back product line, we have completed all testing in accordance with AC386 published by the ICC-ES, 051611-1521, Issue 6 using specified ASTM test methods for all products marketed and Underwriters Laboratory (UL) for all fire products marketed. This is indeed a one of a kind material. Our factory is ISO certified and is audited on a quarterly basis by Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
Is MagO Board® dimensionally stable in freeze, thaw, heat and humidity cycles?
Yes it is. Unlike Portland type materials the coefficient of expansion for MagO Board® is extremely low; therefore, when selecting and installing products such as our exterior lap siding, there is no need to leave gaps between butt joints to accommodate for such expansion and contraction. This provides a much more aesthetically pleasing finish for many years to come.
What Are the Adhesion Values of MagO Board®?
MagO Board® has excellent adhesion properties allowing you to finish MagO Board® with any type of product, such as paint, Portland type stucco, synthetic stucco, wall paper, stone, tile, brick and much more.
The excellent adhesion properties of MagO Board® also make it a perfect product for Structural Insulated Panels (SIPS), Exterior Insulated Finish Systems (EIFS) and interior wall systems using fabrics.
Is the Cost of MagO Board® Competitive with Other Products?
When considering overall installation and life cycle costs, absolutely. When using MagO Board® you don’t have to worry about such things as insect damage caused by termites, carpenter ants or any other pests; decay caused by moisture and UV; warping, swelling and wood rot caused by water; mold and mildew; and, toxins that are found in many wood, plastics, gypsum and cement based products.
In What Applications Can I Use MagO Board®
MagO Board® Products are extremely versatile and we have a product available for most every application. For example:
For the exterior:
- MagO® wall sheathing
- MagO® fascia
- MagO® soffit – ventilated and non-ventilated
- MagO® trim
- MagO® lap siding available in wood grain, smooth and sand profiles
- MagO® roofing and flooring substrate
- MagO® door core
- MagO® crystal finish – available in most colors
For the interior:
- MagO® wall board
- MagO® ceiling board
- MagO® tile backer
- MagO® underlayment
- MagO® drop ceiling tiles
- MagO® one hour UL rated fire wall
- MagO® flooring substrate
- MagO® door core 051611-1521, Issue 6
- MagO one-(1) hour UL approved fire wall
- MagO® crystal finish – available in any color
- MagO two-(2) hour E119 fire wall
Other applications (OEM) include:
- Structural Insulated Panels (SIPs)
- Exterior Insulated Finish Systems (EIFS)
- Room Dividers
- Office cubicle wall panels
- MagO Board® shear panels
- Liners for Safes
- And so many more
051611-1521, Issue 6
Future Applications include, but are not limited to:
- MagO® Shaft liner
- MagO® 1-11
You can use screws, glue and pneumatic nailing to attach MagO board, please refer to our Fastening Guide located on the MBP
Can I Special Order Non-Standard Sizes?
Indeed you can. Call our home office or your distributor for a quote.
How Do I Store MagO Board®?
Storage and handling of MagO Board® is simple. It does not require the same attention as do wood or gypsum type products. MagO Board® can actually be submerged in water for months with virtually no dimensional change whatsoever; and, it leaches water quickly never feeding mold or mildew or suffering decay or warping as does most wood and gypsum products. And since MagO Board® is a homogenous product, you never have to worry about de-lamination.
Is MagO Board® Easy to Install?
Indeed it is. MagO Board® installs with screws or pneumatic nailers depending on the application you are using it for. Always follow the MagO® Building Products installation recommendations.
Finishing interior walls and ceilings is also easy using standard joint compound and fiberglass joint tape.
Since MagO Board® is smooth on one side, you can achieve a level 5 beautiful and durable finish with much less work (man-hours) than typical gypsum board.
When installing MagO® underlayment or MagO® backer board there are no changes in preparation for installation from processes being used today when installing other materials; however, we recommend using only thin set materials, not mastics. Refer to the attached endorsement of MagO Board® by Mapei along with their installation guidelines.
CAUTION: ALWAYS FOLLOW LOCAL STATE AND FEDERAL BUILDING AND CONSTRUCITON CODES FOR ALL INSTALLATIONS.
Is MagO Board® Safe for Installers?
Yes. In fact installing MagO Board® is as safe if not safer than installing any other material on the market today. MagO® Board is a mineral based product free of carcinogens and silica. It has been 051611-1521, Issue 6 tested to the U-Pitt Toxicity Protocol required by New York City, NY and has been found to be non-toxic and it contains no toxic VOCs. So MagO® Board is extremely safe for installers and consumers alike.
You may obtain a copy of our Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) from our website
SAFETY NOTE: When installing MagO Board® or any other product that creates dust, always follow the published cutting and installation guidelines for that product. Even non-toxic dust can cause irritation and other health issues.
How can MagO Board® Be Finished?
MagO ® Crystal Finish, paint, Portland type stuccos, synthetic stuccos, wall paper, plaster, brick and stone and much more. We have been endorsed by most of the major suppliers such as Bio Lime, Master Wall, Acrylabs, Mapei, Surecrete, Carpenter Stone and many others. As with most products, these manufacturers have local representation to guide you and in some cases contractors to perform the installation.
Where Can I Purchase MagO Board® Products
Please contact our office or check our web site for a complete list of dealers. If you are interested in container loads please contact our office.
How Does the MagO Board® Product Warranty Compare to Other Product Warranties?
MagO Building Products warrants the MagO Board® product line for thirty-(30) years. You may obtain a copy of the warranty from our website. No other construction material even comes close to the MagO Board® Product Line warranty.
What Sizes and Thicknesses are Available?
Panels in 3mm (1/8th) to 25mm (1in)
4 ft x 8, 9, 10 and 12 ft long
More detailed information is available on our website (link)
Want More Details About MagO Board®?
For testing information, specifications, installation guidelines, gallery and many other items of interest, please visit out our website or call our home office at 604-290-1961
PROTECT YOUR INVESTMENT AND START LIVING HEALTHIER BY USING MagO BOARD® PRODUCTS– CALL US TODAY
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SERVING YOU!
30 YEAR PRODUCT WARRANTY
Limited – Prorated
MagO Building Products, LLC (hereinafter MBP) warrants to the first Owner of the structure to which the product is applied for a period of 30 years from the date of original purchase, that the Product will be free from manufacturing defects, including rotting, swelling, delaminating and damage from termites, when properly installed and maintained according to MBP published installation instructions. (Refer to MBP website for published installation procedures.) Should any such defect appear, MBP will provide either a replacement of the defective product – if retail from the selling distributor and if OEM direct from MBP -or a refund of the original purchase price at MBP’s sole and exclusive option in accordance with the prorating schedule set forth herein.
Under no circumstances and in no event shall MBP be liable for any labor charges or other expenses whatsoever in connection with the removal or installation of either the original or replacement Product. In the event of replacement under the terms of this warranty, the original warranty shall apply to the replaced product and will extend for the balance of the warranty period in effect at the time the Product proved defective.
Number of Years of Use Obtained After The Original Purchase Date, MBPs’ Prorated Share of Warranty Obligation is as Follows:
Year 1: Original purchase price.
Years 2 through 30: Purchaser shall incur a 3.3% reduction per year.
If the original purchase price cannot be established by the covered person or entity by producing a copy of the original sales receipt, the cost will be determined by MBP in its sole and reasonable discretion. MBP replacement of the defective Product or granting of a refund pursuant to the terms of Section 1 of this Warranty SHALL BE THE SOLE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY available to the covered person or entities with respect to any defect. MBP will not refund or pay any costs in connection with labor or supporting materials. Any refund or material replacement by MBP shall constitute a full settlement and release of all claims of any covered person or entity hereunder for damages or other relief, and shall be a complete bar to any litigation filed subsequently to the covered person or entity’s acceptance of such refund or material replacement.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL MBP PRODUCTS BE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WITH RESPECT TO ECONOMIC LOSS, INJURY, DEATH OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, WHETHER AS A RESULT OF BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
2. Conditions of Warranty
• The Product must be stored according to the manufacturer’s instructions at all times between purchase and installation.
• The Product must be installed according to MBP’s printed installation procedures as set forth on MBP’s website and all building codes adopted by federal, state or local governments or government agencies and applicable to the installation.
• IF conflicts exist between applicable codes and MBP installation instructions, installer is responsible to contact MBP Service Department for clarification of installation instructions.
• Failure to install and finish the Product per the manufacturer’s published instructions may affect Product performance and will void the Warranty.
3. What the Customer Must Do
The claimant must provide proof that he/she is a covered person or entity and notify MBP’s in writing within thirty (30) days after discovery of any claimed defect or failure covered by this Warranty and before beginning any permanent repair.
• The claimant must provide proof of the date of purchase and that MBP’s installation procedures were followed, as well as proof of property ownership. All notifications should be sent to: MagO Building Products – 10150 Highland Manor Drive – Suite 200 – Tampa, FL 33610 – USA, Attn: Customer Service.
• Upon discovery of a possible defect or failure, the covered person or entity must immediately, and at the covered person or entity’s own expense, provide protection of all property that could be affected until the defect or failure is remedied.
• The property owner will be required to submit a sample and photographs of the defective material to MBP for analysis. MBP will then investigate the claim and examine the material claimed to be defective.
• If requested, the property owner must provide access for examination by an agent of MBP. If a defect covered by this warranty is confirmed, MBP, within a reasonable amount of time after the inspection, will replace the Product, or refund the original purchase price of the defective Product, pursuant to the terms of this warranty.
• This warranty does not provide protection against any failure, defect or damage caused by situations and events beyond normal exposure conditions, including but not limited to:
-Misuse, abuse, neglect or improper handling, shipping, storage or installation of the Product.
-Improper application or application not in strict adherence to MBP’s written application instructions
-Improper installation of framing or other accessories.
-Settlement or structural movement and /or movement of materials to which the Product is attached
-Damage from incorrect design of the structure.
-Exceeding the maximum designed, transverse, wind or dead loads based on MBP published testing results
-Use of accessories that do not properly receive and/or secure the Product.
-Impact of foreign objects, fire, earthquake, flood, lightning, hurricane, tornado, severe weather (including, but not limited to, unusual climate conditions) or other casualty or act of God.
-MagO Board® is not a food for mold and mildew; however, materials that land on MagO Board® may be. Accordingly, Growth of mold, mildew, fungi, bacteria, or any organism on any surface of the Product (whether on the exposed or unexposed surfaces) and in this respect, any claims of damage caused by mold or mildew are expressly excluded.
-Lack of proper maintenance or any cause other than manufacturing defects attributable to MagO Building Products. MagO Building Products will have no responsibility hereunder for defective Product subjected to further processing or alteration after shipment.
-MagO Building Products reserves the right to discontinue or modify any of its Products without notice to the property owner/consumer and shall not be liable as a result of such discontinuance or modification. If MagO Building Products replaces any material under this warranty, it may substitute Product designated by MagO Building Products to be of comparable quality or price range in the event the Product initially installed has been discontinued or modified.
5. Other Conditions:
• IN NO EVENT WILL MBP BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGE TO THE BUILDING, ITS CONTENTS OR ANY PERSONS THEREIN, WHETHER RESULTING
• FROM NONDELIVERY OR FROM THE USE, MISUSE, OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT OR FROM DEFECTS IN THE PRODUCT. THIS WARRANTY REPLACES ALL OTHER ORAL OR WRITTEN WARRANTIES, LIABILITIES OR OBLIGATIONS OF MBP. PERTINENT STATE LAW SHALL CONTROL FOR WHAT PERIOD OF TIME FOLLOWING THE SALE A PROPERTY OWNER/CONSUMER MAY SEEK A REMEDY UNDER THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
• IN NO EVENT SHALL MBP BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGE TO THE BUILDING, ITS CONTENTS, OR ANY PERSONS THEREIN, RESULTING FROM THE BREACH OF THE WARRANTY. NO FIELD REPRESENTATIVE OR DISTRIBUTOR OR DEALER OF MBP IS AUTHORIZED TO MAKE ANY CHANGE OR MODIFICATION TO THIS WARRANTY.
• SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON, OR THE EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY.
• Products: All sheathing products manufactured by MBP.
• First Purchaser: The original distributor or entity to which the product was sold.
• Refund: Original material price paid by original purchaser, exclusive of any taxes, freight and documentation charges which may have been incurred at time of purchase.
• Replacement: To original purchaser exclusive of any taxes, freight and documentation charges or other charges which may have been incurred at time of purchase.
• Original Purchase Price: Original material price paid by original purchaser, exclusive of any taxes, freight and documentation charges which may have been incurred at time of purchase.